Thursday, February 7, 2013

Hours to seconds

I could look at you for a second,
and wonder if you saw me too.
I could miss you for a minute,
what good does missing do?
I could talk to you for an hour,
and wonder if you heard a word.
I could spend an afternoon caring,
and your feelings wouldn't have stirred.

I could say the one thing
that's heavy on my mind.
I could wait to ten,
while you look for one to find.
I could count one hundred stars
as they echo back the light,
but in the end, a thousand wishes,
wouldn't bring you back tonight.

So now just for a second
I'll collect myself to present.
And then just for an hour,
I'll wish with you it had been spent.
In the time of just a day
you'll run marathons in my mind.
For in a span of just a month,
I've missed you for a lifetime.



No comments:

Post a Comment